Dangers & Annoyances
Armed conflict in South Sudan is ongoing across the country. Most Western governments advise against all travel to anywhere in the country.
Government Travel Advice
The following government websites offer travel advisories and information on current hot spots.
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (www.smarttraveller.gov.au)
- British Foreign Office (www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice)
- Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs (http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories)
- French Department of Foreign Affairs (www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/conseils-par-pays)
- US State Department (http://travel.state.gov)
Emergency & Important Numbers
|South Sudan's country code||211|
Entry & Exit Formalities
Visas are required for most visitors, and must be arranged prior to arrival. Applications require proof of sufficient funds and a letter of invitation.