When to Go
High Season (Jun–Sep)
- Be prepared for sweltering heat and a very heavy rainy season through July across the peninsula.
Shoulder (May, Oct)
- Late spring sees the country bathed first in blossoms – cherry trees, azaleas and more – then fresh, abundant greenery as the weather warms.
- In autumn you can experience nature in all its russet shades, while the heat of summer has ebbed and things are cool, comfortable and crisp.
Low Season (Nov–Apr)
- Snow falls and temperatures plummet.
- Best time for skiing and visiting museums and galleries, while winter photographers will be in seventh heaven.