Most networks in South Korea use the WCDMA 2100 MHz network, as well as one of five different 4G LTE bands. Most unlocked recent smartphones will work with a Korean SIM. Mobile phones and portable wi-fi eggs can be hired.
- Korea’s nine provinces and seven largest cities have their own area codes.
- The major cities have their own codes – thus Gwangju City’s code (062) is one digit different to the surrounding province of Jeollanam-do (061).
- South Korea’s country code is 82.
- Do not dial the first zero of the area codes if you are calling from outside Korea.
- Phone numbers that begin with a four-figure number starting with 15 do not have an area code.
- The international access code is 001.