Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
This guesthouse is part of the Center for North Korean Defectors (www.nkpeople.or.kr), and 20% of proceeds go to resettlement elsewhere. It's a great place to stay with heated floors, a rooftop terrace, curfew-free independent entry, free laundry and staff who speak excellent English. The sociable lounge is good for hearing insights from volunteers about life for defectors.
Dorm beds are made of wood and there are a couple of twin rooms too. Dorms vary in size from six to ten beds. The guesthouse has traditional-style hanok accommodation just round the corner.
The Empathy Guest House is located in downtown Daegu, and is easily accessible by public transit. We are located near both subway lines and a major bus stop. Also, we're just four subway stops away from Dong-Daegu Station (KTX train station and express bus terminals), and one stop from Daegu Station (slower train station).
All rooms in Empathy Guest House are dormitory style, with bunk beds, and are separated for men and women.
Included in the daily rate are:
- Breakfast of fresh coffee and toast
- Free WiFi on each floor
- Separate bathrooms in each room with shampoo, conditioner, body wash
- Individual lockers for each guest
- Free use of washing machine
- Microwave, Cable TV, water dispenser, and board games in common room
- Air conditioning and heated floors in each room
- Powder room in women's dorms
- Grill on 5th floor deck
- Freedom to securely enter and exit at all times through the keypad-locked door
- Access to three computers in the first floor Cafe Empathy