Information from G Adventures
The perfect African adventure for those who want to experience all of the region’s diverse pleasures authentically and comfortably, this 12-day trip has it all – and then some. Unfolding in three flight-assisted stages, this trip will take you from urban Cape Town to the sprawling wilderness of the Greater Kruger area, home of the Big Five and countless photo ops. From there, jet off to Zimbabwe and feel the awesome roar of Victoria Falls for yourself. Throughout, experienced local guides will be on hand to draw out the best this magical land has to offer.
- Your G for Good Moment: Hope Africa Children's Day School, Manyeleti Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer
- Orientation tour of Cape Town and Cape Point including the penguins at Boulders Beach
- Traditional Braai (BBQ) welcome dinner
- Panoramic Route scenic drive including visits to Blyde River Canyon, Bourke Luck Potholes and God’s Window
- Kruger National Park entrance fee with wildlife safari drive in open vehicle
- Visit a local village and G Adventures-supported school
- Private Nature Reserve entrance fee with wildlife safari drives in open safari vehicles
- Tour of Victoria Falls
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Visit a g adventures-supported school project
- Enjoy a traditional south african barbecue
- Search for and snap photos of the big five on open vehicle wildlife safari drives in a private reserve
- Spot wildlife inside world-famous kruger national park
Day 1: Cape Town Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Cape Town Explore vibrant Cape Town with a local guide, including a visit to the Castle of Good Hope. Continue on to Cape Point and visit the penguins at Boulders Beach.
Day 3: Cape Town Enjoy a full day at leisure and choose from a variety of optional activities.
Day 4: Cape Town/Johannesburg Fly to Johannesburg. Arrive in time for a unique dinner Braai (barbecue) and meet your CEO and fellow travellers.
Day 5: Johannesburg/Kruger National Park Enjoy a scenic drive along the famed Panorama Route with stops at Blyde River Canyon, Bourke's Luck Potholes, and God's Window. Continue on to our tented camp located just outside Kruger National Park.
Day 6: Kruger National Park Embark on an early morning wildlife safari drive inside Kruger National Park in an open safari vehicle, taking in views of the abundant wildlife. Return to our camp, and enjoy a drink on the deck with views of the watering hole, a popular spot for wildlife to visit. In the afternoon, opt to take another wildlife safari drive or bush walk. Tonight enjoy a delicious South African dinner on the deck or in the boma.
Day 7: Kruger National Park/Karongwe Private Game Reserve In the morning, visit a G Adventures-supported Children’s Day School and Shalati Village, located just outside Kruger National Park. Continue on to a private nature reserve in the Greater Kruger area, to enjoy open vehicle wildlife safari drives while searching for Africa's famed Big Five.
Day 8: Karongwe Private Game Reserve Enjoy an early morning wildlife safari drive, followed by brunch and free time at the Lodge. In the afternoon, indulge in high tea before an evening wildlife safari drive. In the evenings enjoy a sundowner (drink) while the sun sets over the magnificent Drakensberg Mountains.
Day 9: Karongwe Private Game Reserve/Johannesburg After one last safari wildlife safari drive, head back to the city. In the evening, enjoy an Afrikaans dinner at our local guest house.
Day 10: Johannesburg/Victoria Falls Fly to Zimbabwe and meet the local G representative for a guided tour of Victoria Falls.
Day 11: Victoria Falls Today is free and our conveniently located G desk can book the optionals of your choice including; river safari, cultural tours, whitewater rafting, canoeing or a flight over the falls.
Day 12: Victoria Falls Depart at any time.