Information from G Adventures
Savvy travellers know that a genuine African wildlife safari experience need not be all sweat and struggle. We built this trip for adventurers who want to get right out into the thick of things with a minimum of fuss and a maximum of comfort. Start in stunning Cape Town, a city you may never want to leave! Then tour South Africa’s famed greater Kruger area by day and dream of tomorrow’s encounters with the Big Five from the coziest accommodations. With trusty CEOs at the ready, you’re free to focus on the important stuff, like squeezing that rhino into your viewfinder.
- Your G for Good Moment: Hope Africa Children's Day School, Manyeleti Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer
- Orientation tour of Cape Town and Cape Point including Boulders Beach
- Traditional Braai (BBQ) dinner
- Panoramic Route scenic drive
- Kruger National Park entrance fee with wildlife safari drive in open vehicle
- Visit a local village and G Adventures-supported school
- Private Nature Reserve entrance fee with wildlife safari drives in open safari vehicles
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Visit a g adventures-supported school in a local village
- Search out the big five on open vehicle wildlife safari drives in a private nature reserve and inside kruger national park
- Sample some of south africa's best local foods and treats
Day 1: Cape Town Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Cape Town Explore vibrant Cape Town with a local guide, including a visit to the Castle of Good Hope. Continue on to Cape Point and visit the penguins at Boulders Beach.
Day 3: Cape Town Enjoy a full day at leisure and choose from a variety of optional activities.
Day 4: Cape Town/Johannesburg Fly to Johannesburg and transfer to the hotel. Meet your CEO and enjoy a traditional South African Braai (barbecue) welcome dinner in the evening.
Day 5: Johannesburg/Kruger National Park Enjoy a scenic drive along the famed Panorama Route with stops at Blyde River Canyon, Bourke's Luck Potholes, and God's Window. Continue on to our tented camp located just outside Kruger National Park.
Day 6: Kruger National Park Embark on an early morning wildlife safari drive inside Kruger National Park in an open safari vehicle, taking in views of the abundant wildlife. Return to our camp, and enjoy a drink on the deck with views of the watering hole, a popular spot for wildlife to visit. In the afternoon, opt to take another wildlife safari drive or bush walk. Tonight enjoy a delicious South African dinner on the deck or in the boma.
Day 7: Kruger National Park/Karongwe Private Game Reserve In the morning, visit a G Adventures-supported Children’s Day School and Shalati Village, located just outside Kruger National Park. Continue on to a private nature reserve in the Greater Kruger area, to enjoy open vehicle wildlife safari drives while searching for Africa's famed Big Five.
Day 8: Karongwe Private Game Reserve Enjoy an early morning wildlife safari drive, followed by brunch and free time at the Lodge. In the afternoon, indulge in high tea before an evening wildlife safari drive. In the evenings enjoy a sundowner (drink) while the sun sets over the magnificent Drakensberg Mountains.
Day 9: Karongwe Private Game Reserve/Johannesburg After one last safari wildlife safari drive, head back to the city. In the evening, enjoy an Afrikaans dinner at our local guest house.
Day 10: Johannesburg Depart at any time.