Information from G Adventures
Stretched across nearly 2.5 million hectares of wild South African frontier and home to over 600 species of mammals and birds, Kruger National Park is massive by any measure. Designed for travellers who don’t have a ton of time, this 7-day trip devotes the, ahem, lion’s share of its length to exploring South Africa’s most treasured wildlife reserve with a few bonus experiences mixed in along the way. Get treated to a traditional family meal in Cape Town, take the train to Johannesburg with the locals, track the Big Five on a wildlife safari drive in Kruger, and visit Soweto and a G Adventures-supported project, too. One week now, memories forever.
- Your G for Good Moment: Hope Africa Children's Day School, Manyeleti Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Cape Town orientation walk
- Shosholoza Meyl train experience
- Traditional meal in a local home
- Panorama Route drive
- Kruger National Park wildlife safari drive (full-day)
- Traditional dance experience
- G Adventures-supported G Hope Africa preschool visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Take the train across the country like a local
- Explore coastal cape town
- Walk around soweto township
- Search for the big five in kruger national park
- Savour a local meal with a family
- Visit the kids at the g adventures-supported g hope africa preschool
Day 1: Cape Town Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Cape Town Enjoy a full day in Cape Town with options to visit Robben Island or Table Mountain. Choose to explore Cape Point or embark on a wine tour around Stellenbosch. In the evening, experience an authentic meal in a local home in a nearby township.
Day 3: Cape Town/Johannesburg Board the Shosholoza Meyl train at Cape Town station. Enjoy the day with your travel companions playing cards, meeting the locals, and checking out the dining car. Drift to sleep to the rhythm of the train. Wake up and opt for a tasty breakfast on board.
Day 4: Johannesburg Scheduled arrival into Johannesburg is noon (this train is often late however). Enjoy a tour of the surrounding area.
Day 5: Johannesburg/Manyeleti Take the Panorama Route into the Kruger National Park area. In the evening, enjoy a traditional dance experience in Shalati.
Day 6: Manyeleti Visit the G Adventures-supported G Hope Africa preschool before an afternoon wildlife safari drive in Kruger NP (own vehicle). Keep an eye out for elephants, lions, rhinos, leopards, and buffalo—Africa's famed Big Five.
Day 7: Manyeleti/Johannesburg Drive back to Johannesburg. Tour ends on arrival at the airport.