Information from G Adventures
From the cosmopolitan streets of Cape Town to the desert and lunar scenery of Namibia, witness the diversity of southwestern Africa on this 12-day nature adventure. Leave footprints on some of the world's highest sand dunes, peer deep into the heart of Africa’s largest canyon, and experience incredible wildlife drives through Etosha National Park. Your knowledgeable CEO (Chief Experience Officer) will take care of the planning while you recharge in a combination of hotels, camping, and guesthouses for a cultural experience you’ll treasure forever. Have your breath taken away by incredible scenery and marvel at amazing wildlife — this is truly an African experience!
- Your G for Good Moment: !Khwa ttu San Culture and Education Centre, Yzerfontein Your G for Good Moment: Penduka Village Restaurant & Shop, Windhoek Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Wellness Moment: Ai-Ais Hot Springs visit, Ai-Ais Hot Springs Your Discover Moment: Swakopmund
- Fish River Canyon entrance
- Sossusvlei Dunes and Sesriem Canyon entrance
- Etosha National Park entrance with wildlife safari drives
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Marvel at the fish river canyon
- Climb dune 45
- Get your adrenaline going with adventure activities in swakopmund
- Spot wildlife in beautiful etosha national park
Day 1: Cape Town Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Cape Town/Lambert's Bay Head up the Cape's west coast, stopping at the G Adventures supported !Khwa ttu San Culture and Education Centre. Arrive in Lambert's Bay and opt to visit Bird Island, or stroll through this charming town.
Day 3: Lambert's Bay/Orange River Continue north and cross into Namibia. Settle in by the banks of the Orange River with time to swim or just relax.
Day 4: Orange River/Ai-Ais Spend the morning relaxing on the banks of the Orange River, then continue on to Ai-Ais, the small hot springs resort at the southern end of the Fish River Canyon. Spend the rest of the day relaxing in the healing waters.
Day 5: Fish River Canyon/Namib Desert Start early with a visit to the breathtaking Fish River Canyon, then travel north, enjoying dramatic Namibian landscapes as you head up towards Sesriem.
Day 6: Namib Desert Visit Sossusvlei Dunes and Sesriem Canyon. Opt to climb up the breathtaking Dune 45.
Day 7: Namib Desert/Swakopmund Enjoy the views of the Namib desert before arriving in the historical town of Swakopmund.
Day 8: Swakopmund Spend a day exploring all the area has to offer. Optional activities include sandboarding, skydiving, and a scenic flight.
Day 9: Swakopmund/Etosha National Park Enter Etosha National Park and enjoy an afternoon wildlife safari drive in our touring vehicle. Opt to explore more on an open safari vehicle drive.
Day 10: Etosha National Park Enjoy another wildlife safari drive in our touring vehicle and keep your eyes peeled for the vast array of incredible animals.
Day 11: Etosha National Park/Windhoek Arrive in Windhoek and visit the G Adventures supported Penduka Village Restaurant & Shop for an included lunch, then spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the German-influenced capital city.
Day 12: Windhoek Depart at any time.