Getting There & Away
- Car Most useful for getting the best out of the region.
- Taxi Try HGTS Tours, Noordhoek Taxis or Uber.
- Tour A popular way to visit Cape Point, often including a stop at the Boulders penguin colony. Make sure your itinerary follows False Bay one way, and the Atlantic coast the other, so you see both sides of the peninsula.
- Train Stops include Muizenberg, St James, Kalk Bay and Fish Hoek, before the terminus at Simon’s Town. A single from Cape Town Station to Simon's Town costs R16.50.
- Water taxi The Mellow Yellow runs between Kalk Bay and Simon’s Town. We recommend taking the train to Simon’s Town and the water taxi back to Kalk Bay, not the other way around.