Information from Viator
Enjoy an 8-hour private tour of some of South Africa's superb wine and various wine tastings where you get to learn how wine is made. You will be exploring a few vineyards, understanding the journey of wine such as cultivars and harvesting, and cellar tours where one can see and taste the various stages of winemaking from crushing and fermentation to filtration, aging and bottling. Tour accommodates groups of up to 10 people and Includes pickup from select hotels in Cape Town City and Stellenbosch.
At 9am, you will be picked up from your hotel in Cape Town City or Stellenbosch and transferred to your first wine estate, where you will be able to explore and indulge in the unspoiled views of the vineyards across some of the most beautiful vineyards in the Western Cape. This experience is more of a sensory journey, where you will be able to taste, feel and learn your way through the wine journey. Starting in the vineyard, you will be learning about the various viticulture elements, including terroir, cultivars and harvesting. Its then off to the wine cellar to explore the sorting process, aging, cooperage, and bottling. Lastly, you will taste the most unique wine varieties, which includes white, rose, red, and sparkling, dry to sweet wine. Most of your time is spent with a guide that will direct you through each part of the educational wine process. If time allows, you will spend the day exploring 3-5 wine estates in the Stellenbosch / Franschhoek region. We really want you to immerse yourself in the experience, so we will not rush you. You are welcome to buy wine at each of the wine estates. If there is a specific wine estate you would like to see, this can be tailored into your tour.
- Wine tasting and cellar tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- A vehicle for the duration of the tour, which will transfer clients between vineyards. Depending on how many clients, the vehicle could be a sedan or a minibus.
- A knowledgeable driver/ guide who will spend the day with you, ensuring you understand every part of the educational wine process
- Private tour
- Bottled water
What's not included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples