- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with or make up a group for a safari, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and…
Inside this thread you'll find a collection of information and links to websites about attractions, activities, travel practicalities and news about the countries covered. Have a good look around before asking your question - quite often your question (or one very similar to it) will have been asked and answered many times already.
When you're ready to ask a question, choose the most relevant country from the drop down menu to ensure the best responses.
Please feel free to add any other useful…
I am trying to make it from free town, sierra leone to cape town, south africa spending as little money possible without risking being in danger. Any advice?
Hi everyone, I am lloking for a reliable company for Safari in Uganda. We would like to include source of Nile, Gorilla and chimp trekking and Murchinson falls (doesn't have to be one trip, we can split also). We are 2 people and happy to join a group. Does anyone know a good and reliable company? We are a bit limited with our time and have about 9 days end december/beginning january.
Would appreciate any tipps
I will be in Cairo from July 3rd-7th. I am looking to find friends who want to explore and go on adventure with me!!
Hope to see you there!!!
I will be stopping in Rwanda for unfortunately only three nights and two days (arriving on a Thursday evening, leaving on a Sunday morning) and would welcome advice on how best to spend my time. I've heard that Kigali is a nice place and would be glad to explore. However, I'd really like to get out and do a day hike in the northwest, and am thinking about leaving Kigali Friday morning (or even Thursday night), hiking Friday, staying on nearby Lake Kivu Friday night, and then heading back to…
In 2019, we are planning to go on a long trip in Africa my wife, 2 kids an I. We should be in South Africa in June or July 2019 and were thinking of doing a 2 week part from Port Elizabeth to Cape town with my parents in law. Do you have any suggestions of how to move around for 6 people? We are not used to drive on the left and thought about public transportation or hiring a driver for some parts. Any ideas or suggestions to feed my thoughts?
Really needing some “expert” help on this issue…
I’m starting to plan a visit to southern-african countries, in September, for some wildlife experiences (National Parks / Reserves).
I’m looking for:
- Really watch some animals (elephant, giraffe, lion and rhinos/hippos);
- Not much touristic (I know there always be some, but, please, not 50 jeeps surrounding an elephant…);
- Not too expensive, considering the mandatory previous conditions…
I know that animals want be there waiting for me, but some…