When to Go
High Season (Jun–Aug)
- Mostly sunny skies with occasional rain.
- Crowds in Ljubljana and the coast; advance accommodation booking essential.
- Museums and other attractions open for business.
- Party atmosphere everywhere.
Shoulder (Apr & May, Sep & Oct)
- Sunny, dry September is a great time for climbing Mt Triglav.
- Lower tariffs are in effect at many hotels.
- Rafting is great by late May; swimming is over by September.
- Best overall time for hiking.
Low Season (Nov–Mar)
- Ski season runs from mid-December to March or even April.
- Christmas through New Year can be crowded.
- Attractions in smaller towns may close or have limited hours.