On the southern side of Titov trg is the white Praetorian Palace, a mixture of Venetian Gothic and Renaissance styles dating from the 15th century and the very symbol of Koper. Now serving as town hall, it contains …
At the end of Čevljarska ulica and down the stone steps is the Almerigogna Palace, a painted Venetian Gothic palace (now with a very basic pub on ground level). It's one of Koper's most beautiful buildings, despite …
The Column of St Justina commemorates Koper's contribution – a galley – to the Battle of Lepanto in which Turkey was defeated by the European powers in 1571. Nearby is a large Roman covered basin that now serves as …
Behind the Cathedral of the Assumption to the north is a circular Romanesque Rotunda of John the Baptist, a baptistery dating from the second half of the 12th century with a ceiling fresco.
Linked to Titov trg to the east, Trg Brolo is a wide and leafy square of fine old buildings, including the late-18th-century baroque Brutti Palace, now the central library, to the north.
Opposite the Totto Palace are some wonderful medieval town houses, with protruding upper storeys painted in a checked red, gold and green pattern.
On the north side of Kidričeva ulica are some restored Venetian houses and the 18th-century baroque Totto Palace, with winged lion relief.
On the eastern side of Trg Brolo is the Fontico, a granary where the town’s wheat was once stored, with wonderful medallions and reliefs.
The western edge of Carpacciov trg is marked by the large arched Taverna, a one-time salt warehouse dating from the 15th century.
On the north side of Titov trg is the arcaded Venetian Gothic Loggia built in 1463; attached is the Loggia Gallery.