History

The first spa was built here in 1658. The Kopališki Dom (Bathers’ House), complete with three pools, was built in the 18th century. Despite getting its own guidebook, tourism didn't really take off until 1899, with the opening of the Zdraviliški Dom (Health Resort House). Strascha Töplitz, as it was then called, was a great favourite of Austrians from around the turn of the 20th century up to WWI.