US dollar (US$)
Budget: Less than US$100
- Budget hotel room: US$70
- Barbecue meal: US$16
- Beer: US$4
- Hiker's fee: US$10
- Taxi from airport to Oranjestad: US$8
- Midrange hotel room/apartment: from US$120/165
- Two-course evening meal: US$36
- Glass of wine: US$6
- Snorkeling gear rental per day: US$11
- Car rental per day: from US$35
Top End: More than US$300
- Top-end hotel room/apartment: from US$195/250
- Lobster meal: from US$42
- Cocktail: from US$12
- Two-tank dive: US$110
No bargaining takes place on Statia; in all instances, you're expected to pay the stated price.
ATMs are located in Oranjestad and at the airport, but can be unreliable; it's best to bring cash, which is preferred by many establishments.
ATMs often run out of cash and won't work for all foreign cards.
First Caribbean Bank Near Fort Oranje; has an ATM.
Larger establishments accept credit cards (including foreign cards).
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com.
Tipping is not necessary or expected.