Lonely Planet (www.lonelyplanet.com/seychelles) Destination information, hotel bookings, traveller forum and more.
Seychelles Travel (www.seychelles.travel) The official tourist-board website; information on attractions, accommodation, activities and lots more.
Nature Seychelles (www.natureseychelles.org) Information on conservation projects, flora and fauna.
Seychelles News Agency (www.seychellesnewsagency.com) News from a Seychelles perspective, with a recurring focus on tourism.
What to Take
- Driving licence
- French phrasebook
- Three-pin UK power-plug adaptor
- Hiking boots
- Sun cream and sun hat
- Mosquito repellent
- Wet-weather gear, including an umbrella
- Your diving-certification card (C-card), if you're a diver
- Binoculars for birdwatching
- Your own snorkel and mask – there's nothing like your own
What to Wear
Beachwear is fine for the beaches, but nude bathing is forbidden and women going topless is tolerated around some hotel pools but rarely on the beaches. Avoid dressing in skimpy clothes elsewhere. Smart casual and up is the rule in most midrange, and all upscale, restaurants. A hat is always recommended when outdoors.
- Book accommodation through a travel agent to avoid paying rack rates.
- Keep an eye on the weather reports to check for storms.
- Inform your debit-/credit-card company you’re heading away.
- Arrange appropriate travel insurance, especially if you plan on diving and hiking.
- Check passport validity and visa requirements, especially if you're from a non-EU country.