Senegal in detail
Senegal is known for
Arts & Culture
- Village des Arts See Senegalese artists in action at this creative landmark in Dakar.
- Saint-Louis World Heritage site with colourful architecture and vibrant craft traditions.
- Île de Gorée History-laden island renowned for its artisans.
- Toubab Dialaw Bohemian coastal village of drumming, dancing and batik-making.
- Île de N'Gor Beach-dotted island with great surfing just offshore of Dakar.
- Saly Resorts flanked by the picturesque beaches of the Petite Côte.
- Palmarin Long stretches of empty, sparkling sands.
- Cap Skirring The coastal jewel of Casamance, with some of Senegal's loveliest beaches.
- Lac Rose Dazzling pink lake ringed by glittering white salt mounds.
- Fadiout Tiny island where the village lanes (and even some houses) are made of shells.
- Mar Lodj Slow-paced village charm with waterfront views and access to the Siné-Saloum Delta.
- Île de Karabane Idyllic island tucked away in the lush landscape of the Casamance.