Senegal is known for
- Parc National des Oiseaux du Djoudj A magnificent bird sanctuary in the north.
- Parc National de Niokolo-Koba Vast reserve that's home to lions, warthogs, monkeys and hippos.
- Fathala Wildlife Reserve Take a sunset wildlife-watching tour then overnight in a luxury safari tent.
- Parc National du Delta du Saloum Picturesque wetlands full of hundreds of bird species.
Arts & Culture
- Village des Arts See Senegalese artists in action at this creative landmark in Dakar.
- Saint-Louis World Heritage site with colourful architecture and vibrant craft traditions.
- Île de Gorée History-laden island renowned for its artisans.
- Toubab Dialaw Bohemian coastal village of drumming, dancing and batik-making.
- Lac Rose Dazzling pink lake ringed by glittering white salt mounds.
- Fadiout Tiny island where the village lanes (and even some houses) are made of shells.
- Mar Lodj Slow-paced village charm with waterfront views and access to the Siné-Saloum Delta.
- Île de Karabane Idyllic island tucked away in the lush landscape of the Casamance.