This cosy upstairs spot at the bend in the main road offers faultless hospitality, luxurious furnishings and an attractive blend of Scottish and Far Eastern decor, with wooden elephants especially prominent. The welcome is warm, and there are great harbour views from the breakfast room, where the open kitchen allows you to admire the host at work. Prices drop in low season.
Rooms are plush, with the owner's years in hospitality paying dividends for guests. One is a suite (£135 to £180), which has an excellent, spacious lounge area with vistas.
Information from Booking.com
In Tarbert Loch Fyne, Argyll and Bute and boasting scenic views over the harbour, this 4-star guest house is a refurbished Victorian townhouse offering rooms with satellite TV and private bathrooms. All rooms at Knap Guest House provide free WiFi and tiled private bathrooms with showers. Rooms are furnished in a Scottish/Thai theme with pine furniture. All rooms also feature a fridge. A complimentary breakfast is available, and is served in the room. The local area offers numerous walks amongst the highland scenery, while guests can also take ferries from Tarbert Harbour to the Cowal Penninsula or Tighnabruich. Kennacraig is less than 10 minutes’ drive away, with ferries to the islands of Islay and Jura.
Please inform Knap Guest House in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation. Please note that the hotel is situated in Tarbert Loch Fyne, Argyll and Bute and not to be mistaken for the Tarbert in Harris. A self check in service is provided.
- Guest accommodation sealed after cleaning
- Cashless payment available
- Access to health care professionals
- Shared stationery such as printed menus, magazines, pens, and paper removed
- Internet services
- Adult only
- Guest accommodation is disinfected between stays
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Delivered food is securely covered
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Cctv outside property
- Physical distancing in dining areas
- Invoice provided
- Smoke alarms
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and key areas
- All plates, cutlery, glasses and other tableware have been sanitized
- Wifi available in all areas
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against coronavirus
- Breakfast in the room
- Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
- Packed lunches
- Breakfast takeaway containers
- Contactless check-in/check-out
- Non-smoking throughout
- Non-smoking rooms
- Free WiFi available