When to Go
High Season (Jul & Aug)
- Accommodation prices 10% to 20% higher (book ahead if possible).
- Warmest time of year, but often wet.
- Midges at their worst in Highlands and islands.
Shoulder (May, Jun & Sep)
- Wildflowers and rhododendrons bloom in May and June.
- Statistically, the best chance of dry weather, minus midges.
- June evenings have daylight till 11pm.
Low Season (Oct–Apr)
- Rural attractions and accommodation often closed.
- Snow on the hills November to March.
- Gets dark at 4pm in December.
- Can be very cold and wet from November to March.