pounds sterling (£)
Budget: Less than £40
- Dorm bed: £16–25
- Wild camping: free
- Food from supermarket: £5–10
- Double room at midrange B&B: £65–100
- Bar lunch: £12
- Dinner at midrange restaurant: £30
- Car hire: £38
- Petrol costs (per mile): around 15p
Top End: More than £130
- Double room at high-end hotel: £130–250
- Dinner at high-end restaurant: £40–60
- Flights to islands (each way): £65–130
A bit of mild haggling is acceptable at ﬂea markets and antique shops, but everywhere else you're expected to pay the advertised price.
There's a shop but no ATM on Jura; you can get cash back with debit cards at the Jura Hotel.