Glasgow is easy to visit with children due to its extensive public transport system and friendly locals. The city boasts excellent family attractions and there are several apartment-hotels around town. In general, restaurants are well geared for children, and lots of places to eat serve food throughout the day.
Top Family Sights
- Riverside Museum
This museum of transport has a tall ship, trains, steamrollers, fire engines and more.
- Glasgow Science Centre
A world of discovery for all ages that could occupy several hours.
- Sharmanka Kinetic Theatre
Enter a demi-monde of strange and wonderful creations at this curious place.
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum
Entertaining natural history displays and art with informative panels aimed at kids at this excellent museum.
- Scottish Football Museum
- People's Palace
Child-friendly displays on the city's history at this museum on Glasgow Green.
- Scotland Street School Museum
See how other eras did schooling at this Mackintosh building.
Need to Know
- Childcare For suggestions for short-term child-care agencies, contact the council-run Glasgow Family Information Service.
- Playgrounds Most parks in Glasgow have playgrounds for children.
- Shopping centres Major shopping complexes are handy stops, with baby-changing facilities and soft play areas.
- Pubs In family-licensed pubs, accompanied children under 14 years old are admitted between 11am and 8pm.