Housed in a Victorian hotel building, this place has been refurbished in typical Malmaison style with period features such as intricate wrought-iron balustrades complemented by delightfully over-the-top modern decor. The rooms on the south side overlook the redeveloped waterfront and the V&A museum. Room rates are excellent value; check website for special offers.
Information from Booking.com
Located just 100 metres from the riverfront and 300 metres from the V&A Dundee, Malmaison Dundee provides stylish, boutique accommodation in the heart of the city. Free Wi-Fi is accessible throughout. Located in the former premises of the famous Tay Hotel, Malmaison Dundee is a beautifully-reconstructed building. With a mixture of historic character and modern flair, the property has all the facilities for a comfortable stay. Each stylishly furnished room has an en suite bathroom with a power shower, moody lighting and a flat-screen TV. Rooms come complete with a hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities. The hotel has its own cosy brasserie and Josper Grill, open for lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch. The hotel’s Malbar venue has a comprehensive list of classic and quirky cocktails, wines, ice cold beers and whiskys. The hotel is 500m from Dundee railway station. The shops, pubs and restaurants of Central Dundee are within a 10-minute walk.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are currently in effect at this property. Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result. Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures. When booking 6 rooms or more, different policies and additional supplements will apply. The property will contact the guest following their reservation. Please note extra beds and cots must be confirmed with the hotel prior to arrival, customers will be required to settle childrens extra bed charges directly with the hotel. The breakfast included rates include a Continental breakfast. A la carte options are available at a surcharge. The nearest car park is the Greenmarket multi-storey car park, a 5-minute walk away. The cost is GBP 9.60 for hours between Mon - Sat 08.00 - 20.00; Sun 13.00 - 20.00. Car parking is free at Greenmarket outside of these hours.
- Air conditioning
- Non-smoking throughout
- Non-smoking rooms
- 24-hour front desk
- Room service
- Luggage storage
- Wifi available in all areas
- Internet services
- All plates, cutlery, glasses and other tableware have been sanitized
- Cashless payment available
- Shared stationery such as printed menus, magazines, pens, and paper removed
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and key areas
- Guest accommodation is disinfected between stays
- Daily housekeeping
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against coronavirus
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Screens or physical barriers placed between staff and guests in appropriate areas
- First aid kit available
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
- Process in place to check health of guests
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Physical distancing in dining areas
- Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
Food and drink
- Free WiFi available