US dollar (US$)
Budget: Less than US$150
- Budget hotel room/cottage: from US$95
- Barbecue meal: US$15
- Beer: US$3
- Hiking: free
- Snorkeling gear rental per day: US$15
- Midrange hotel room/cottage: from US$150
- Two-course evening meal: US$40
- Glass of wine: from US$5
- Island taxi tour: US$50
- Guided hike: US$20
Top End: More than US$350
- Top-end suite/cottage: from US$300
- Three-course meal with lobster: from US$80
- Cocktail: from US$10
- Car rental per day: from US$65
- Two-tank dive: US$131
No bargaining takes place on Saba; you're expected to pay the stated price.
Saba uses the US dollar. There are ATMs in Windwardside and the Bottom. Credit cards (including foreign cards) are accepted at larger establishments.
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com.
Service charges are included on restaurant bills, so no further tipping is necessary. At hotels, a 10% to 15% service charge is generally at the discretion of the guest.
Tipping taxi drivers and guides is at visitors' discretion.