Money and Costs
Budget: Less than US$50
- Dorm bed: US$17–20
- Cheap meal: US$3–6
- Moto-taxi ride: US$1
- Double room in a hotel: US$40–70
- Meal in a restaurant: US$10–15
- Admission to museums: US$4–12
- Short taxi trip: US$3
Top end: More than US$100
- Double room in a top-end hotel: US$150
- Meal in a smart restaurant US$25
- Car hire per day US$50–100
Money is easy to get and easy to change throughout Rwanda and particularly in Kigali. There are ATMs at virtually every bank, most of which accept foreign credit cards, as well as foreign-exchange bureaus.
Euros and US dollars can be changed at any of the numerous banks in town or at any of the foreign-exchange bureaus near the main shopping malls. Most exchange bureaus give slightly better rates than the banks.