Cultural Security Department

Tourist Information in Historic Heart

If you intend to take home anything vaguely ‘arty’ (manuscripts, instruments, coins, jewel­lery) it must be assessed by this government office. Take along your passport, a sales receipt and the item in question. A receipt for tax paid will be issued along with a certificate stating that the item is not an antique. It is illegal to export anything over 100 years old.