Drinking & Nightlife
- Union Bar & Grill Huge and thriving beard-heavy bar on Liteyny pr.
- Apotheke Bar Cosy and sophisticated cocoon for cocktail connoisseurs.
- Kabinet Hidden behind a burger joint is this fun, gambling-themed cocktail bar.
- Redrum Hitting all the right notes with its range of craft beers.
- Mod Club DJs, live music and rooftop movies: this club offers it all.
- Big Wine Freaks Offering an excellent variety of wines, tasty snacks and live music.
- Dead Poets Bar Grown-up cocktail bar with plush upholstery and a fanatical approach to mixology.
- Bolshoy Bar Dapper boxcar-sized spot serving first-rate cocktails on the Petrograd Side.
- Borodabar Be sure to be sporting at least stubble when you visit the hip 'beard bar'.
- Commode Clink glasses in this stylish bar where the bill depends on the time you spend here.
- Terminal Bar Mixology is taken seriously at this NYC-style bar.
Cafes & Teahouses
- Coffee 22 Could this be the zenith of hipster cafes? We think so.
- Solaris Lab Tea with amazing rooftop views across to St Isaac's.
- Bonch Cafe Great drinks and breakfast spot in the Historic Heart.
- Radosti Kofe Pleasant pit stop for coffee on Vasilyevsky Island.
- Kvartira Kosti Kroitsa There's also a tea salon at this beautiful restaurant and bar secreted away off Nevsky pr.
- Double B Hip coffee station on the Petrograd Side.
- Griboyedov This long-running bunker club remains a perennial favourite for clubbers in the city.
- Kamchatka This shrine to Kino frontman Viktor Tsoy is a great place to hear new local groups.
- Tanzploshchadka Groove alongside beautiful young things at this on-trend club.
- Central Station Long-running LGBT club with gyrating topless barmen and dancers.
- Farsh & Bochka Wide-ranging line-up of craft brews, with over 30 on draft.
- Beer Geek Tiny basement bar favoured by local craft beer fanatics.
- Top Hops Riverside bar with a regularly changing menu of 20 beers on tap.
- Beer Boutique 1516 Heaven for craft-beer lovers on Vasilyevsky Island.
- Yasli Excellent craft brews on tap and satisfying pub grub on the Petrograd Side.
- The Hat Live jazz, cocktails and a boho vibe make for a great evening out.
- Ziferburg Anti-cafe with romantic, pre-revolutionary style in Golitsyn Loft.
- Brimborium Drink ales, munch on homemade quiche and watch the lights change at this cool joint.
- Stirka 40 Whether or not you bring your washing to be done, this low-key place is a winner.
- Buter Brodsky Serving ace cocktails, homemade tinctures and their own beer.
- Dyuni Come and join the fun in this hipster sandpit.