Local enterprises, environmental groups and charities that are trying to improve Russia’s environmental and social scorecard are usually on the lookout for volunteers. A good example is the Great Baikal Trail (www.greatbaikaltrail.org) helping to construct a hiking trail around Lake Baikal.
- CCUSA (www.ccusa.com/programs/campcounselorsrussia.aspx) This US-based organisation runs programs for those wanting to volunteer on Russian youth summer camps.
- Go Overseas (www.gooverseas.com/volunteer-abroad/russia) Lists a range of opportunities, from working in hospitals to summer youth camps.
- International Cultural Youth Exchange (www.icye.org) Offers a variety of volunteer projects, mostly in Samara.
- Language Link Russia (http://jobs.languagelink.ru) Volunteer to work at language centres across the country.
- School of Russian & Asian Studies (http://students.sras.org/volunteer-opportunities-in-russia) US-based SRAS has complied an online list of volunteer opportunities in Russia.
- World 4U Russian volunteer association.