Boating, Canoeing & Rafting
- Kamchatintour One of the best agencies to organise rafting tours in Kamchatka.
- Nata Tour White-water rafting trips and slower floats out of Komsomolsk-na-Amure.
- Alash Travel Rafting adventures organised in Tuva.
- MorinTur Rafting in the Barguzin Valley is one of the adventures on offer.
- Wild Russia Yachting and kayaking on Lake Ladoga.
- Team Gorky Canoe and rafting tours in the Nizhny Novgorod region.
- Moscow Bike Tours Cover more ground and see more sites on these pedalling tours around the capital.
- Peterwalk Walking Tours Walking tours of St Petersburg, plus guided bike tours.
- Team Gorky Cycling tours in the Nizhny Novgorod and along the Volga.
- Elbrus Elevation Nalchik-based agency offering a great itinerary cycling into the Cherek Valley.
- Arctic Circle PADI Dive Center Ice-diving trips in winter and regular diving in the summer off the Kola Peninsula.
- Demersus Diving in Yantarny Lake, a former quarry in the Kaliningrad Region, with a depth of some 26m in places.
- RuDive Moscow dive centre that also organises trips to the White Sea and Lake Baikal.
- Sergey Outfitter Fish in the vast wilderness of Khabarovsk Territory.
- Ouzel Expeditions US-based specialist for wild salmon fishing trips to Kamchatka.
- Megatest Moscow-based agency focusing on fishing in the wilder parts of Russia.
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Fish this protected Kola Peninsula reserve for salmon, sea- and wild trout and Arctic char.
- Arctic Land Arranges fishing trips out of Murmansk.
Mountaineering & Rock Climbing
- Masterskaya Priklucheniy Krasnaya Polyana–based outfitter offering rock-climbing trips in the Caucasus.
- K2 Adventures Western Siberia agency specialising in mountaineering expeditions in Altai.
- Elbrus Adventures Can arrange pretty much whatever you need to summit Elbrus.
- Wild Russia Experienced outfitter leading climbs up Elbrus' less busy northern route.
- Ak Tur Mountaineering expeditions in the Altai with this Barnaul-based agency.
- Elbrus Gondola Terminating at 3847m, this gondola up Europe's highest peak allows year-round skiing.
- Roza Khutor Ski the largest venue for the Sochi Winter Olympics, offering world-class facilities.
- Gorki Gorod New resort with high-quality pistes amid the rugged terrain of Mt Aibga.
- Arkhyz Resort Another brand-new resort in the Greater Caucasus.
- Sheregesh Ski Resort Access the fine powder of Siberia via three gondolas and several chairlifts.
- Bolshoy Vudyavr Ski Station Modern lifts are on offer at the best of Kirovsk's ski stations.
Snowmobiling & Arctic Adventures
- Kola Travel An inspiring selection of Kola adventures as well as expeditions to Franz Josef Land.
- VICAAR St Petersburg–based firm specialising in tours to the North Poles and Russian Arctic.
- Pomor Tur Apply well in advance to secure official permission for icebreaker tours out of Arkhangelsk.
- Nord Extreme Tour Snowmobile adventures run out Murmansk.
- H4U Snowmobile trips to Mt Takhtarvumchorr and picturesque Maly Vudyavr Lake in the Russian Arctic.
- SkyPark Black Sea coast park for all things aerial, including bungee jumping and zip-lining.
- Baikal Dog Sledding Centre Thrilling dog sledding on forest tracks around Listvyanka in winter.
- Surf Siberia (http://surfsiberia.ru/en) Ultimate surfing adventures in Kamchatka and the Russian Far East.
- Ladoga Trophy Raid (www.ladoga-trophy.ru) An eight-day marathon around Lake Ladoga, starting and ending in St Petersburg.