As the Golden Ring is such a heavily touristed area, souvenirs aren't hard to find here – if anything, you may find yourself tiring of passing street stalls with the same wooden spoons and carbon-copy nesting dolls as the last one. If you're after something to bring home, look for actual shops – often selling speciality crafts of that region – where you can find higher-quality goods, locally made.
Arts & Crafts
- Gorod Masterov Hand-painted matryoshka nesting dolls with a difference.
- Maria Frolova A master practitioner of traditional filigree embroidery.
- Dymov Ceramics Housewares from a renowned pottery workshop.
- Dom Remyosel Buy or make your own souvenirs at this house of crafts.
- Art Polka Dozens of local artisans sell their pieces through this small shop.