Information from Viator
A private excursion with an English speaking guide to Tsarskoye Selo, an outstanding example of world architecture and landscape art.
Tsarskoye Selo is an outstanding example of world architecture and landscape art. Outstanding architects, sculptors and artists of the 18th-20th century embodied in the reality, the ideas and wishes of the Royal family.The center of the Museum is the Catherine Palace, built by architect F. B. Rastrelli in the style of Russian Baroque. Fascinated by the luxury of the Great Hall and several ceremonial halls, among them the world famous "Amber Room"Another example of the world of architecture is the Alexander Palace in the style of classicism. Rooms of Emperor Nikolay II and his wife Alexandra decorated in art Nouveau style.An integral part of the Museum "Tsarskoe Selo" are its Catherine and Alexander parks with a total area of 300 hectares. In the parks of Pushkin, there are more than 100 architectural monuments - palaces, pavilions, bridges and marble monuments imitating the Gothic, Turkish, Chinese architecture.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (all hotels in St Petersburg without exceptions)
- Entry/Admission - Catherine Palace and Park
- Entry/Admission - Tsarskoye Selo State Museum Preserve
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Small group ensures personal service
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure