Information from Viator
Peterhof is perhaps St Petersburg's most famous and spectacular Imperial estate. The Grand Palace, filled with fascinating and elaborate interiors, sits on top of a high seashore ridge overlooking the vast Lower Park. The palace at Peterhof sits amidst an enormous park, adorned with fountains, statues and pavilions. Numbers are limited to 6 people on this small-group tour, ensuring you'll receive personalized attention from your guide.
The Upper Garden, located between the St Petersburg highway and the Grand Palace, is a typical French-style formal garden with five fountains including one depicting Neptune, the God of the Sea. The estate's Lower Park lies between the Grand Palace and the seashore and boasts the world's largest system of fountains, earning it the title the "Russian Versaille". The park's unique fountain system was designed in the 18th century and doesn't require the use of any pumps to operate the fountains.
There are three major cascades and over 140 fountains in the park. The most impressive is the Grand Cascade, located directly below the Grand Palace, which features an impressive golden statue of Samson grasping the mighty jaws of the lion. The park's other cascades feature black and white chess board designs, Chinese dragons and numerous other features definitely worth seeing!
- Entrance fees
- Transportation by air conditioned comfortable vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Assistance of an English-speaking local guide (German and French languages upon request, Italian and Spanish languages upon request with a supplement of EUR 20 per passenger and is paid directly to the guide)
What's not included
- Optional gratuities
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included