Travel with Children
- Réunion is an eminently suitable destination if you're travelling with the kids in tow. With its abundance of beaches, picnic spots and outdoor activities, plus its healthy food, it offers plenty to do for travellers of all ages in a generally hazard-free setting.
- Most locals have a number of children themselves and will not be troubled by a rowdy child at the next table.
- There are excellent medical facilities in the main cities.
- For more information, see Lonely Planet's Travel with Children.
- A few hotels offer kids clubs and many places provide cots for free and additional beds for children at a small extra cost. Most chambres d'hôtes welcome children.
- Many restaurants have children's menus with significantly lower prices.
- Nappies (diapers) are readily available.
- Breastfeeding in public is not a problem.
- The main car-hire companies can supply safety seats at additional cost.