Lonely Planet (www.lonelyplanet.com/reunion) Destination information, hotel bookings, traveller forum and more.
Île de la Réunion Tourisme (www.reunion.fr) The official tourist-board website; information on attractions, restaurant, accommodation, activities and lots more.
Explore La Réunion (www.explorelareunion.com) The official tourist-board booking portal for accommodation and activities.
Allons La Réunion (www.allonslareunion.com) A great resource for pre-trip planning.
What to Take
- EU or international driving licence
- Credit card (there's only one money changer)
- Two-pin continental Europe travel plug
- French phrasebook
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- Sun cream and sun hat
- Mosquito repellent
- Wet-weather gear (especially if you're hiking)
- Your diving-certification card (C-card), if you're a diver
What to Wear
Although beachwear is fine for the beaches, avoid dressing skimpily elsewhere. Smart casual or better is generally the rule in most midrange and all upscale restaurants; shorts and flip-flops are a definite no-no.
- Check the airline baggage restrictions
- Keep an eye on the weather reports to check for cyclones
- Inform your debit-/credit-card company you’re heading away
- Arrange for appropriate travel insurance, especially if you plan on diving, paragliding or canyoning
- Book you rental car online to get the best rates