Information from G Adventures
In Portugal, the sun is bright, the food is delicious, and the living is easy. Wander the hilly streets of coastal Lisbon, where you can munch on a custard tart while gazing at sun-dappled architecture. Get your fill of history and culture at UNESCO World Heritage Sites like the Monastery of Batalha, Coimbra University, and the picturesque town of Sintra (optional). End the tour in Porto, where the majestic Douro Valley begs for you to lounge back with a glass of port wine in hand. Felicidades! And welcome to Portugal.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Foodie Moment: Fado Night with Traditional Portuguese Meal, Lisbon Your Hands-On Moment: Port Wine Cellar Visit, Porto
- Lisbon orientation walk
- Fado performance with traditional Portuguese dinner
- Batalha gothic monastery entrance and visit
- Porto orientation walk
- Port wine cellars visit and tasting
- Transport to/from all included activities and between all destinations
- Explore the seven hills of lisbon
- Step back in history wandering charming hill towns
- Taste local delicacies and become a port wine connoisseur
- Soak up classic european culture.
Day 1: Lisbon Arrive at any time. If visiting the historic district of Belém is on your bucket list, we recommend arriving early on this day to explore its major sites like the Jerónimos Monastery and Belém Tower. Most attractions in Belém are closed on Mondays.
Day 2: Lisbon Enjoy a CEO-led orientation walk of Lisbon. The rest of the day is free for exploration. In the evening enjoy a Fado performance and traditional Portuguese dinner in one of Lisbon's oldest neighbourhoods.
Day 3: Lisbon/Coimbra Leave Lisbon behind and head north to the small hill town of Batalha, best known for its ornate gothic monastery built to commemorate Portugal's victory in the infamous battle of Aljubarrota. Visit the historic Monastery of Batalha with free time to wander the grounds. Continue to the medieval capital of Portugal, Coimbra.
Day 4: Coimbra Enjoy a free day to explore Coimbra. Opt to visit the famous Coimbra University, a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2013 (and also the inspiration for Harry Potter's Hogwarts). Explore the winding streets and the riverfront filled with restaurants and bars, or opt for a day trip to the nearby coastal town of Aveiro or the pilgrimage sites of Fátima.
Day 5: Coimbra/Porto Continue to the historic and vibrant coastal town of Porto in the morning, and take an orientation walk upon arrival.
Day 6: Porto Free day to explore Porto. Opt take a cruise down the Douro Valley, or explore the city which gained UNESCO World Heritage designation in 1996. In the evening enjoy a visit to the port wine cellars and a tasting.
Day 7: Porto Depart at any time.