Information from Viator
Join us for this Wine & Food journey where you'll sample different types of wine in family-run Wine Estates and find how they make the famous Port Wine!Visit Amarante for its history and delicious pastries and then experience the Douro Region through its culture and food. See how the preparation of food and wine is truly an art form. You'll get to try various types of wine (Moscatel, Douro House Wine, Douro DOC Wine, Port Wine), but also Olive Oil and other local delicacies. Round-trip transportation from your accommodation in Porto is included.
Begin the tour with pickup in Porto by an air-conditioned vehicle with driver. Drive east towards Amarante, your first stop of the day, where you will visit the Saint Gonçalo Church. Learn about the interesting architecture that draws from several different styles. Gain insight into the religious references found in those architectural styles that speak to its uniqueness. Try some local Pastries! Head to the first wine estate of the day in the heart of the Douro region, where they specialise in Moscatel wine. Savour the delicious flavour and subtle aroma of the golden wine. Enjoy the complexity of this dessert wine that blends the Muscat grapes of the region with a variety of fruits. Move on to the next stop: the historical Village of Pinhão. Here a Regional Lunch awaits you at a local restaurant, paired with Douro House Wine. You know what they say: if the Locals are here it must be good! Now, with our stomachs filled, we will drive next to the river to our last stop. You will get to know a family run Wine Estate that is a beautiful example of the range of extraordinary products you can get in the Valley as they produce Douro DOC and Port Wine, Olive Oil and Nuts! Understand how the effects of the region's climate and rich soil influence the grapes, learn about the special storage techniques that result in these distinctive flavours and hear about the preparation of both unfortified and fortified wines. Then, it is time to enjoy your last wine-tasting of the trip. On our way back we still get a chance of visiting one of the most beautiful viewpoints of the region. Return to Porto in comfort, with the ease of round-trip transfer service, where we can drop you at any place in Porto that you prefer or bring you back to your accommodation. Are you ready for the trip? Book now!
- Local guide;
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation or any place that you prefer in the Centre of Porto;
- Tour made in 5-9 seater vehicle with air conditioning;
- Visit to the city of Amarante and tasting of local Pastries;
- Visit to a Wine Estate in Favaios and tasting of Moscatel Wines;
- Regional Lunch in a local restaurant paired with Douro House Wine;
- Visit to a Wine Estate and tasting of Port Wine, Douro DOC Wine, Olive Oil and Nuts;
- Visit to one of the most beautiful Viewpoints in the Region.
What's not included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pick-up and drop-off OUTSIDE of Porto – an extra fee applies, paid to the guide on the day
- Led by a local guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included