Budget: Less than €50
- Dorm bed: €15–22
- Basic hotel room for two: from €35
- Lunch special at a family-run restaurant: €8–10
- Second-class train ticket from Lisbon to Faro: from €23
- Double room in a midrange hotel: €50–100
- Lunch or dinner in a midrange restaurant: €22–40
- Admission to museums: €3–8
Top end: More than €120
- Boutique hotel room: from €120
- Dinner for two in a top restaurant: from €80
- Three-day surf course: €150
Gentle haggling is common in markets (less so in produce markets); in all other instances you’re expected to pay the stated price.
There’s an ATM at the train station and in the tourism office as well as others scattered about town.