Drinking & Nightlife
- Prova Smooth jazz plays and owner Diogo shares his love of Portuguese wine at this slinky number.
- Wine Quay Bar Sunset is prime-time viewing at this terrific riverside wine bar.
- Era uma Vez no Paris A blast of bohemian 1920s Paris in the Galerias nightlife district.
- Aduela Retro-cool haunt with vintage furnishings, a nicely chilled vibe and petiscos.
- Capela Incomum Prayers for fine Portuguese wines are answered in this former chapel.
- Mirajazz Go for the view, the wine, the mellow jazz…
Gardens & Terraces
- Miradouro Ignez Sundown drinks, snacks and river gazing.
- Base An open-air bar in gardens, with good mojitos and views of Torre dos Clérigos.
- Praia da Luz Tucked-away beach bar for sundowners in Foz.
- Mirajazz Steps lead to this terrace, with a cool crowd and jazz beats.
- Intrigo Peer out across the rooftops to the river at this hidden terrace, pairing tasty petiscos (small plates) with wines.
- 360º Terrace Lounge Arresting views of Porto's historic centre from this Gaia roof terrace.
Wine & Port
- Prova Grown-up wine bar with a terrific range of ports and wines, tastings and a dash of sophistication.
- Wine Quay Bar Sip some of Portugal's best at this riverside wine bar overlooking Ponte de Dom Luís I.
- Portologia Rustic, intimate, low-key pick for port and wine tastings.
- Wine Box Some 450 different wines can be enjoyed at this slinky, on-trend wine bar and restaurant.
- Dick's Bar From vintage tawny to full-bodied Douro reds, Dick's draws on one of Porto's best cellars.
- The Wall Kick back with a mojito at this urban-cool, backlit bar in the Galerias.
- Terraplana Sip a Porto Passion, Lady Violet or Poker Alice at this voguish cocktail bar.
- Baixa Bar Super-stylish bar, with DJs, dancing and creative cocktails.
- Pinguim Café For quality gin cocktails and a boho vibe, this is the perfect tonic.
- Armazém da Cerveja Some 70 brews on offer and a beer garden where you can bring your own picnic.
- Letraria Craft beers, a chilled vibe and a tree-shaded garden.
- Catraio A shop-cum-bar placing the accent on Portuguese craft beers.
- Gulden Draak – BierHuis Porto A relaxed Belgian-style beer house.
- Bonaparte Downtown Cosy boozer for a cold one. Cranks up a notch as the night wears on.
- Cervejaria do Carmo Sip your way around Portugal and the world in beer.
Retro & Vintage
- Museu d’Avó Glorious time-warp of a bar, decorated with the kind of knickknacks you might find in grandma's attic.
- Era uma Vez em Paris Bordello-chic bar evoking the more glamorous days of Paris in the 1920s.
- Café Candelabro Artsy cafe-bookshop, spilling out onto a pavement terrace on warm evenings.
- Galeria de Paris Flea market finds funk up this ever-popular bar in the Galerias.
- Aduela Vintage charm abounds at this sewing machine warehouse turned bar.
- Casa do Livro Glam old-school favourite, with book-lined shelves, gilded mirrors and DJs.