When to Go
High Season (May–Sep)
- Expect sunny skies in June and July, but prepare for rain.
- Museums, national parks and other attractions are open for business.
- You'll find big crowds, especially over holidays and at weekends.
Shoulder (Mar, Apr & Oct)
- Some attractions may be closed or have shorter hours.
- April and October are cool, but there'll be some sunny days.
- Easter weekend can be very crowded; book in advance.
Low Season (Nov–Feb)
- Snow in the mountains brings skiers to the southern resorts.
- The week between Christmas and New Year can be crowded.
- Museums and castles in smaller towns may be closed.