Museum in Nysa

Nysa Museum

This museum is located within the 17th-century Bishops' Palace, a spacious double-fronted former episcopal residence. Exhibits range from archaeological finds to photos documenting war damage, plus a model of the to…
Tower in Nysa

Wrocław Tower

The white-plastered Wrocław Tower was built in the 14th century.
Tower in Nysa

Ziębice Tower

The Ziębice Tower is a 14th-century brick tower with unusual turrets and dragon guttering.
Church in Nysa

Cathedral of SS James and Agnes

There’s no overlooking Nysa’s mighty cathedral on the Rynek, with its imposing blackened bulk and fine stone double portal. Built in 1430 it was remodelled after a fire in 1542, but hasn’t changed much since then. T…
Square in Nysa


Diverse architecture within Nysa's vast market square suggests the extent of damage done in WWII. Only the southern side retains anything like its historic appearance, with restored houses dating from the 16th centu…
Fortress in Nysa

St Hedwig's Bastion

The restored 17th-century St Hedwig’s Bastion, two blocks to the northwest of the Rynek, was once home to a Prussian garrison. It’s now a cultural centre that also houses the tourist office and a restaurant.
Church in Nysa

Church of SS Peter and Paul

Built in 1727 for the Hospitallers of the Holy Sepulchre, this church has one of Silesia’s best Baroque interiors, complete with an opulent high altar, organ and trompe l’oeil wall paintings.
Historic Building in Nysa

Town Weighing House

This attractive 1604 building retains fragments of 19th-century painting on a side wall.