Top ChoiceFortress in Kłodzko

Kłodzko Fortress

Kłodzko Fortress

This mighty fortification, begun under Austrian rule in the mid-17th century on the site of former strongholds dating to the 10th century, was extended and modernised over the following 200 years. Today it covers...

Top ChoiceTunnel in Kłodzko

Underground Tourist Route

This interesting set of tunnels dates in parts to the 13th century. The 600m route, enlivened by audiovisual exhibits, links cellars, warehouses for storing beer, and tunnels that were hollowed out under the Old...

Church in Kłodzko

Parish Church

This church, southwest of the Rynek and dedicated to Our Lady of the Assumption, is the most imposing religious building in town. It took almost 150 years before the massive Gothic structure was eventually...

Museum in Kłodzko

Kłodzko Regional Museum

Kłodzko's museum, 50m west of the parish church, has displays relating to the 1000-year history of the town and the region, plus a collection of contemporary glass by local artists (the area is noted for its...

Bridge in Kłodzko

St John's Bridge

Southeast of the Rynek, this Gothic stone bridge, built somewhere between 1281 and 1390, spans the narrow Młynówka River. With half a dozen baroque statues flanking the sides, it’s Kłodzko's scaled-down answer to...

Square in Kłodzko

Rynek

Below the town's fortress is the market square, officially titled Plac Bolesława Chrobrego. Several pastel-coloured houses on its southern side have preserved their original Renaissance and baroque decor. The...