Information from Viator
Leave Krakow behind and spend a fascinating morning or afternoon touring the legendary Wieliczka Salt Mine, one of the oldest salt mines in Europe. Along with the mine's historical importance, its carvings of fabulous figures, monuments and altarpieces have earned the Wieliczka Salt Mine a place on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage list.
ItineraryThis is a typical itinerary for this productStop At: Wieliczka Salt Mine, Wieliczka, Lesser Poland Province, Southern PolandMagnificent chambers chiselled out in rock salt. Amazing underground saline lakes, majestic timber constructions and unique statues sculpted in salt. Almost 3 kilometres of meandering corridors, 800 steps to climb of which 350 have to be descended to reach the depth of 135 meters underground. Thus it is no surprise that till now, the Tourist Route, the main visiting route of the mine has been visited by 43,026,898 tourists from around the whole world in search of adventures.Duration: 2 hours
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
- Tour escort/host.
- Elevator ride to the ground level on exit.
- Local live guide.
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (designated centrally located Krakow hotels only).
- If you are interested in complementary hotel pickup, please make sure to contact us
- no later than 24h prior to your tour.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from designated centrally located Krakow hotels.
- Pls arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- You are required to wait at the reception 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
- If you do not require hotel pickup, or your hotel cannot be serviced,
- you must make your own way to main tour departure point: the bus park at 7 Powisle Street,
- across from the Sheraton Grand Hotel Krakow.
- Check-in at this location is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- Entry/Admission - Wieliczka Salt Mine
What's not included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Fee for photographing.
- Hotel pickup included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All entrance fees included