Information from Viator
Experience the historic Mt. Pinatubo via jeepney and trekking in Pampanga, Philippines. Metro Manila/Makati hotel pickup is included on this full-day excursion.
Early pick-up at around 05:00 am, drive for 1.5 hours to Pampanga, where your local guide will meet you. Upon arrival, transfer to a 4x4 jeepney and experience a 2-hour ride and almost 2 hour-trek to the crater.Enjoy the magnificent view of this once dormant volcano. Named as the ‘Sleeping Giant”, Mt. Pinatubo’s eruption in 1991 altered global climate and caused mudflows to cascade down its slopes, destroying everything along its path and leaving behind a labyrinth of towering lahar cliffs. The Crater Lake within the mouth of the volcano has a halcyon shade of blue that contrasts with the black, strombolic fury it exhibited 19 years ago.Travel back to Spa Town (again a 2-hours trek and 2-hours ride) where you will have your lunch and to relax your body after a long trek. After freshening up at Spa Town, you will transfer to Pampanga to meet your transportation back to your hotel in Manila.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Environmental Fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Mount Pinatubo
What's not included
- Personal Expenses/Souvenirs
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide