Filipinos are simply crazy about kids, and are rather fond of parents, too – you and your offspring will be the focus of many conversations, and your children won’t lack playful company. See Lonely Planet’s Travel with Children for useful advice about travel with kids.
- You can buy disposable nappies (diapers) and infant formula in most towns and all cities, but be sure to stock up on such things before heading off the beaten track.
- Many hotels and resorts offer family rooms (this is how Filipinos travel), and can provide cots on request.
- Discreet breastfeeding in public is acceptable in all areas except some conservative Muslim areas in the south.
- It is almost impossible to arrange a taxi with a child seat.
- Many restaurants can provide a high chair upon request.