Philippine peso (P)
Budget: Less than P1750 (US$35)
- Dorm bed or single room: P400–800
- Local meals and three beers: P600
- Medium-range bangka or jeepney ride: P80
- Tricycle ride: P10
Midrange: P1750–5000 (US$35–100)
- Air-conditioned double room: P800–3000
- Restaurant meal with drinks: P700
- Group van or bangka tour: P1000
- Daily motorbike rental: P500
Top end: More than P5000 (US$100)
- Boutique resort: P3500–10,000
- Meal and drinks at a resort restaurant: P1500
- One-way domestic plane ticket: P2000
- Private island-hopping trip: P3000-6000
A modest amount of negotiating is expected in many outdoor markets, especially where tourist handicrafts are sold. However, prices for food commodities are usually set.
Bargaining is the rule when hiring motorbikes, or hiring tricycles, bangkas or taxis for the day. Bargaining may also bear fruit when you're walking into hotels, especially in resort areas in the low season.
ATMs are as numerous as beach touts, especially in D'Mall, along Main Rd and even on the beach path along White Beach. Many resorts handle foreign exchange.