Information from Viator
It is a spectacular cycling route in the Cordillera Blanca as the Portachuelo pass is located at the end of the Quebrada Llanganuco between the highest mountains of Peru; Huascaran, Chopicalqui, Chacraraju, Pisco and Huandoy. During the descent we get magnificent views of two turquoise lagoons, the Orconcocha and Chinancocha. Certainly for cycling tourism this is an almost obligatory route for all travelers.
After breakfast we meet you at your hotel with our private transport and take you and our bikes through the Callejon de Huaylas. In Yungay we take the road east toward the mountains and start climbing towards the entrance to the Huascaran National Park, with Huascaran, the highest mountain in Peru to the right and to the left, Huandoy mountain. Then we drive through a zigzag road until Portachuelo Pass (4767 m). There we prepare our bikes, we take some pictures of the most spectacular mountains of the Cordillera Blanca and then go down to Llanganuco Lake. We can stop here to take some pictures of the lake with mountains in the background.Finally we continue down to the city of Yungay; where we expect the transport back to Huaraz.
- Mountain bike for everyone (including tools and spare inner tube)
- Safety equipment (helmet, gloves, air pump)
- Biking Guide
- Snack (energy bars, fruit, chocolate, etc.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Lake Llanganuco
- Entry/Admission - Mount Huascaran
- Entry/Admission - Cordillera Blanca Summit (K2 Peru Adventures)
- Entry/Admission - Callejon de Huaylas
What's not included
- All entrance fees included
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour