Information from G Adventures
There’s more than one way to earn your Peru hiking stripes. On the Lares trek, you’ll get three days of trekking through the mountains around the Sacred Valley, passing by remote communities, farms, and friendly faces. Forget just taking in the view — unique experiences are waiting for you at a G Adventures-supported women's weaving co-op and local pottery community. And, since you’re this close already, we’ll get to you to Machu Picchu with a scenic train ride.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ccaccaccollo Community and Women's Weaving Co-op visit, Ccaccaccollo Your G for Good Moment: Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley, Lamay Your G for Good Moment: Cuncani Community Campsite, Cuncani Your G for Good Moment: Handmade Biodegradable Soap Products
- Sacred Valley guided tour
- Pottery making demonstration
- Guided Lares trek hike (3 days)
- Aguas Calientes stay
- Machu Picchu guided tour
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Conquer the lares trek to machu picchu
- Marvel at sacred valley scenery
- Interact with local communities.
Day 1: Cusco Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Cusco/Ollantaytambo Enjoy a full-day guided tour of the Sacred Valley. Stop at the G Adventures-supported women's weaving co-op before visiting a local pottery making community. Break for lunch at the G Adventures-supported Parwa Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco. After lunch, opt to head out on a hike to the Ollantaytambo storehouses and look out over the ruins. Or, wander around the cobblestone streets and visit a local Chicheria (corn beer bar).
Day 3: Lares Trek Depart Ollantaytambo by van to Lares town where the hike begins. Spend the first night at a G Adventures-supported campsite in Cuncani.
Day 4: Lares Trek Start early to hike from the foothills of Sicllaccasa Mountain to its high pass (4,800m/15,748 ft), providing scenic views of lagoons and the snow-capped Chicon Mountain. Celebrate after reaching the highest point by making an offering of coca leaves to the Andean gods. After the morning hike, stop to rest and take in the amazing view. Continue hiking downhill to our second campsite near the stream for the night.
Day 5: Lares Trek/Aguas Calientes Enjoy the last few hours of hiking before travelling by van to Ollantaytambo and train to Aguas Calientes to enjoy a good night's rest at your hotel.
Day 6: Machu Picchu/Cusco Rise early and enjoy a guided visit to Machu Picchu. Later, travel back to Cusco by train.
Day 7: Cusco Depart at any time.