Information from G Adventures
Get acquainted with the wonders of the Incas in this exhilarating introduction to Peru. Embrace cultures past and present in the hills surrounding Cusco and delight in the amazing views of the Sacred Valley as you travel by rail to Machu Picchu. Taking the train will allow you lots of time to explore ruins, museums, and markets. With years of experience, we employ the best local guides so that you’re free to enjoy the beauty of the region.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ccaccaccollo Community and Women's Weaving Co-op visit, Ccaccaccollo Your G for Good Moment: Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley, Lamay Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: Cusco
- Arrival transfer
- Sacred Valley guided tour
- Pottery making demonstration
- Train to Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu guided tour
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Travel through the sacred valley and visit the ancient ruins
- Travel through the mountains by train to machu picchu
- Learn about the history of the incas
Day 1: Lima Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Lima/Cusco Fly to Cusco. Free time to shop and explore. Choose to pre-book the Cusco Cooking Class. Opt for a city tour, visit museums or archaeological sites.
Day 3: Cusco/Ollantaytambo Enjoy a full-day guided tour of the Sacred Valley. Stop at the G Adventures-supported women's weaving co-op before visiting a local pottery making community. Break for lunch at the G Adventures-supported Parwa community restaurant in Huchuy Qosco. After lunch, opt to head out on a hike to the Ollantaytambo storehouses and look out over the ruins. Or, wander around the cobblestone streets and visit a local Chicheria (corn beer bar).
Day 4: Ollantaytambo/Aguas Calientes Journey to Aguas Calientes and opt to visit the local hot springs and hit the market. Those who have purchased and pre-booked the '1-day Inca Trail' hike will disembark the train at 104km and trek to the Sun Gate for the first glimpse of Machu Picchu before re-joining the group at Aguas Calientes for the night.
Day 5: Machu Picchu/Cusco Enjoy a guided tour of Machu Picchu. Opt to visit the Inca Bridge before returning to Cusco.
Day 6: Cusco Enjoy a free day in Cusco. Active options include whitewater rafting, horseback riding, and mountain biking.
Day 7: Cusco Depart at any time.