Information from G Adventures
A wonder of the ancient world, the “Lost City of the Incas” is the ideal place to unleash your inner historian. With 2 days to explore the Sacred Valley, once you’ve left the road less travelled, you’ll find majestic ruins, striking views of the Andes and local villages bursting with culture. Add in a local lunch at a G Adventures-supported community restaurant and a traditional pachamanca-style feast and your taste buds will be thanking you. As the premiere operator in the region, be assured we'll leave no stone unturned.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ccaccaccollo Community and Women's Weaving Co-op visit, Ccaccaccollo Your G for Good Moment: Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley, Lamay Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: Cusco
- Arrival transfer
- Two-day Sacred Valley tour including Ollantaytambo, Moray and Pisac ruins, pre-Incan salt pans, and visit to the G Adventures-supported women's weaving co-op in a local village
- Lunch at the G Adventures-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village
- Experience a traditional Pachamanca-style lunch
- Scenic train and guided tour of Machu Picchu
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Explore ancient ruins off the beaten path in the sacred valley with our expert guide
- Meet local artisans at a g adventures-supported women's weaving co-op and local village
- Take in mountain views on the scenic train to machu picchu
- Enjoy traditional treats and foods
Day 1: Lima Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Lima/Urubamba Board an early flight to Cusco then on to the Sacred Valley to visit the Ccaccaccollo community and Planeterra-sponsored Women's Weaving Co-op, explore the Pisac ruins and visit the G Adventures-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco.
Day 3: Urubamba Visit the pre-Incan salt pans of Las Salineras and tour the Ollantaytambo and Moray ruins. Enjoy a traditional Pachamanca-style meal of local specialities.
Day 4: Urubamba/Aguas Calientes Catch an early transfer to Ollantaytambo station and board the scenic train to Aguas Calientes with option to visit the market.
Day 5: Aguas Calientes/Cusco Enjoy a guided tour of the Machu Picchu ruins. Free time to explore on your own or take an optional visit to the Inca Bridge before returning to Cusco by train.
Day 6: Cusco Explore Cusco's historic streets, museums and local markets. Active options include whitewater rafting, horseback riding and mountain biking.
Day 7: Cusco/Lima Fly back to Lima and spend an afternoon in Peru's bustling capital.
Day 8: Lima Depart at any time.