Information from Viator
Choqueqirao is referred many times as the second Machu Picchu, however it is hardly visited as much as the famous Inca Sanctuary. During this 4-day trek you will be tested, but you will also enjoy the beautiful and peaceful landscapes of the Apurimac Canyon. Your tour includes a professional guide and transport.
Choquequirao is situated in the vast landscape of the Vilcabamba Range above the Apurimac River Canyon. Thick forest has covered this Inca site for many years and it has only recently been discovered. Choquequirao was the dwelling of the last rebel Incas of Vilcabamba and similar to Machu Picchu, it is thought that the Spanish never discovered it. This is a challenging trek traversing different ecosystems. There are amazing views of the Vilcabamba Range and the trail descends deep into the Apurimac Canyon, a truly magnificent hike. See itinerary for full details.
- Briefing one day before the trek.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 3 nutritious meals per day (vegetarian options available)
- Drinking water along the trek.
- Bilingual guide (Assistant Guide for groups over 6 passengers)
- Chef (assistant chef for larger groups)
- Quadruple tents to be used by two people, allowing more comfort and more space to store backpacks.
- Mules (for equipment and personal items) and muleteers.
- Inflatable mattresses.
- Sleeping liner and pillow.
- Saddled horse in case of emergencies or if you are making very little progress (this horse is with the group at all time)
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Kitchen tent and dining tent with camp tables and chairs.
- Toilet tent.
- Duffel bags (up to 7Kg/15lbs per person). This will be provided by your guide at your briefing.
What's not included
- Breakfast on the first morning
- Dinner on the last night
- Sleeping bag. If you don’t want to bring your own, we can hire this for you
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Small-group tour
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly