Information from G Adventures
Salkantay has been dubbed the most spectacular peak in the Peruvian Andes. On this trip, you’ll trek in the shadows of this impressive mountain, interact with its inhabitants and explore its forgotten ruins. You’ll arrive at Santa Teresa – the backdoor of Machu Picchu – where you’ll catch the train to Aguas Calientes for an early-morning visit to Machu Picchu.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ccaccaccollo Community and Women's Weaving Co-op visit, Ccaccaccollo Your G for Good Moment: Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley, Lamay Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins guided tour with a visit to a G Adventures-supported women's weaving project (full-day)
- Lunch at the G Adventures-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village
- Trek on the Salkantay route to Machu Picchu with local guide, cooks, and porters (4 days)
- G Adventures-supported handmade biodegradable soap products for use on the Salkantay Trek
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Conquer the salkantay trek in the andes
- Explore inca ruins and machu picchu
- Trek through local communities and beautiful andean scenery.
Day 1: Cusco Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Cusco Full-day guided tour of the Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins along with a visit to a Planeterra weaving project in a local community. Visit the G Adventures-supported Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village for lunch. Shopping opportunities at a local market before returning to Cusco.
Day 3: Cusco/Salkantaypampa Transfer to the start of the trail and begin the Salkantay Trek. Stunning views and Inca ruins fill the days as the hike past the striking peaks of Salkantay, Humantay, and Ausangate, among others. Several high passes are traversed the highest point reaching 4,600m (15,092 ft) before descending into valleys nestled in the mountains. Nights are spent camping under the stars. Enjoy the spectacular mountain scenery and breathtaking views as the trek descends from the heights of the Andes to the lush subtropics surrounding Machu Picchu.
Day 4: Salkantaypampa/Andenes During the second day of the Salkantay Trek reach the highest point of the trek and enjoy the breathtaking views of Umantay and Apu Salkantay.
Day 5: Chaullay/Sahuayaco Continue the trek, passing through the town of Collpabamba en route to Lucmabamba.
Day 6: Sahuayaco/Aguas Calientes The final day of trekking leads to the town of Santa Teresa. Catch the train in the afternoon to Aguas Calientes.
Day 7: Aguas Calientes/Cusco Enjoy a guided tour of Machu Picchu. Optional visit to the Inca Bridge and return to Cusco in the evening.
Day 8: Cusco Depart at any time.